My Church Family (Province of Grace Ministries International)

I strolled around the camp.

Glimpses of wounded men,

Bleeding youths.

Girls confused yet chattering

That they knew what’s new.

I saw women weeping

From the whips of life.


I wondered,

Why…


Again, I rose to stroll around the camp.

Some months I counted had gone by.

I stopped at the gate.

Soldiers at attention,

Standing with gaze fixed to the heavens,

Like they looked to the hills.


Yet—

They searched us.


Nothing penetrated without permission.


I wondered,

How…


My stroll was disrupted,

For each one was busy at a post.

I saw soldiers clad with armor,

Yet they worked—hands on the plow,

None looking back.

I feared I was off,

So I aligned my steps.


Soldier like,

I matched too.


I wondered,

Where…

Where was I?

What had changed?

Whose camp was this?


Then I heard it:

This was David’s camp,

Where broken men are called,

And these men are turned soldiers,

Leading their captivity captive.


This was PGMI —

The Place God Makes Men Intentionally.


Grace and discipline,

Accountable discipleship,

These anchors hold them.


Yes.

Here is David’s camp,

And there is none feeble amongst them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running from Him

My Romance With Fear