90 WAR DAYS; PURPOSE IS WON

I heard there was a challenge

So I pulled my sword

Clutched it between my fingers

Like the warrior I was.


I ran through troops of thoughts

Slashing the lines and curves

Stabbing the dots for pause

I warred with precision and speed.


Each day, I drew the battle line

It was me versus a theme

And I ensured blood flowed

Blood blue like the seas

A reflection of my world

Carved by tool

The sword of my right hand.


Oh, not one day went by

Not one day I didn’t war to finish

And on this day, the war will end.


I return with a victor’s strut

And a ton of spoils:

Poems posed for a show

Prose praised for its grace

And a new feeling

I never knew.


Now,

I am too hungry for stories

And my sword too hungry to spill its ink

To tell my tales

The tales of God,

The Writer.


My name:

The Writer’s pen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running from Him

My Romance With Fear

My Church Family (Province of Grace Ministries International)