ALL ALONG


You made the move

And it changed the mood

The room was dark

And lit with passion

The room choked with desire

Our closeness pushed aside sense


We were lost in a sea of lust

Or maybe I

But at least I thought

We were in this together

Lost in this sea of desire

I tried to reach for a safeguard

But your body stood guard to protect me from reason

Your scent so strong choked out my thinking

And when my eyes caught the door that held my freedom

I recalled it was shut


Because we thought

Or maybe just I that thought

We spoke in tongues too well.

So we couldn’t fall


But here we lay

Your arms around me

Like you protected me from the fall


Our bodies lay bare yet our souls

Or maybe mine

Was clothed in shame


My eyes were covered by a thousand clouds

But I needed no cock crows to see I’d crossed the Christ.


So I nailed myself to a cross

“I should have saved us both”

I cried

I should have shielded my man from curves that burn

God!


But just when the guilt would bite in,

I heard you take a call

“The deed is done”,

You told your friend

Then You pulled from me

And walked away


That’s when I knew

I was on my own

All along.


But how do I tell this child I’ve born

That she’s the consequence of the fool I was.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running from Him

My Romance With Fear

My Church Family (Province of Grace Ministries International)